Kotelniki is the town in Moscow region; occupies 1430 hectares.
The first mention of Kotelniki village, which name came from the word "cauldron" (Russian: kotel), belongs to the 17th century; the church of the Kazan icon of the Mother of God was being constructed at this time in the village.
The silicate brick production plant was constructed not far from Kotelniki, near the sand pit, in 1931. The village became a worker's settlement in 1938. And in 2004 Kotelniki was granted the town status.
The main sights of Kotelniki are Church of the Kazan icon of the Mother of God (1670s), the "Belaya Dacha" estate, church of Saint Victor. There are also some monuments in the town.