Staraya Kupavna is a town in Moscow region. It is on the left bank of Kupavinka River, 22 km from the capital. Staraya Kupavna got the status of town in 2004.
The industry of Staraya Kupavna is presented by more than 30 organizations. Largest of them are: Akrikhin, chemical and pharmaceutical combine; Kupavna, textile firm, Zhelezobeton, reinforced concrete production plant. There is also the All-Russian Scientific Center for safety of biologically active agents in the town.
The most important sight of Staraya Kupavna is a Trinity temple which is an architectural monument of the middle of the 18th century. The temple is brick-built, two-storied, with a bell tower and side-altars. There was a time when Trinity church was in the middle of the merchant Zemskoy’s estate. But the temple was closed in Soviet period. However, in 1991, it was returned to church again. Later the temple has been restored. Now the Sunday school works at it.
There is a memorial devoted to soldiers lost during the Great Patriotic War in Staraya Kupavna, as well as in each other city of Russia. The memorial is on Bolshaya Moskovskaya Street. The inscription on it says: "An imperishable memory of the soldiers who have died in fights for the Homeland. 1941 – 1945".
Besides, there are also many other tourist attractions in Staraya Kupavna. For example, a sculpture depicted three dancing girls in national suits is on Molodezhny Lane.
In 2011, the new square named "75 years to Akrikhin plant" was unveiled in Staraya Kupavna. The classical rotunda with the fountain from a natural stone is considered to be the main decoration of the square.