Voskresensk is the city in the Moscow region, is in 80 km to the southeast from Moscow.
Population of Voskresensk makes up 91.3 thousand people. The city of Voskresensk has difficult planning: it consists of six residential areas separated from each other by industrial parks and inflows of the Moscow River. Residential buildings have been actively constructed in Voskresensk.
The city derived its name from the small village of Voskresenskoye (it’s a part of the city now), which was in turn named after Resurrection (Voskreseniye) church.
The village of Voskresenskoye was mentioned for the first time in cadastres in 1577. In July, 1934 on a place of the village an industrial township of Voskresensk was founded which got the city status on July 11, 1938. Now the city's primary taxpayer is Voskresensk Mineral Fertilizers, OJSC which is one of the largest Russian enterprises.
The main sights of Voskresensk are Krivyakino manor located within the city, and the Spasskoye manor, which is near Voskresensk. Krivyakino manor was constructed in 1769 — 1788. In the middle of the 20th century the building of the estate, as well as all its territory, underwent substantial transformation. Only the main house (1760s) and park with three lakes have been remained. There is a city museum in a wing of the manor.
The Spasskoye manor was built in the second half of the 18th century. The building of the estate was completely remade by one of its owners in 1871; planning of the building and adjacent park have been remained only. The shelter for orphans was in the mansion during the Great Patriotic War. In 1961 the main building of the estate, except basement levels, burned down. Now children's camp is located in the territory of the estate.