Khotkovo is the city located in the Sergiyevo-Posadsky district in northeast of Moscow region.
The history of the city began in 1308 when the Pokrovsky monastery was founded on these territories. The village formed near the monastery has named after the landowner to whom it belonged.
In 1862, the railway station was open in the village, and the railway village had become the worker's settlement. The status of a city was assigned to Khotkovo in 1949.
Now Khotkovo numbers more than 21 thousand citizens. The main role in city economy is played by the enterprises making a specialty out of on electroinsulating materials production.
Pokrovsky monastery is the main architectural, historical and cultural place of interest of Khotkovo. The architectural complex of this monastery includes buildings belonging to 18th-19th centuries. Pokrovsky Cathedral constructed in Empire style in 1826, and St. Nicholas Cathedral built in 1904 in the Russian-Byzantine style, are the main of them. In addition, there are graves of Sergy Radonezhsky’s parents in the territory of Pokrovsky monastery.
Not only Pokrovsky monastery will be interesting for city guests to visit. There is also church of St. Alexy (1850’s), city museum of local lore, the memorial estate Abramtsevo located near the city, and the village of Radonezh, the homeland of the founder of Troitse-Sergiyeva Lavra.