Kurovskoye is a town in Moscow region located 90 km to the southeast from the capital, on Nerskaya River.
The first mention of the Kurovskaya village belongs to 1646. Its name the village got from one of the surnames - Kurov or Kurovsky.
The weaving trade has been well developed in the village for the 18th century, that’s why the weaving mill was constructed near it in 1854. In 1932 Kurovskaya became the worker’s settlement, and in 1952 it got the status of town.
Two- and four- storeyed houses were built here in the 30’s of the last century. Nine-storeyed dwellings were constructed in the 1970-80’s in the new residential district.