Ramenskoye is a town in Moscow Region located in 40 km to the southeast from Moscow.
The first mention of the town belongs to 18th century then it was village of Novo-Troitsk. The name "Ramenskoye" had been descended from a word «ramenie», that means «edge of a wood». Ramenskoye was granted by status of town on March, 15th, 1926.
The town is located on main railway line Moscow – Ryazan. There is also a bus station In Ramenskoye from which it’s possible to get the Moscow station Vykhino, and also towns of Zhukovsky and Bronnitsy.
The largest enterprise of the town is Ramensky instrument-making plant which is engaged in manufacturing of difficult navigating devices and complexes for aircraft. The Ramensky instrument-making development laboratory develops the onboard radio-electronic equipment for flying machines.
There are a few other factories in the town.
The Church of Boris and Gleb (first half of 18th century) as well as Church of the Trinity (1852) are the main sights of Ramenskoye. The Ramensky museum of local lore is also visited by tourists.
Ramenskoye is very comfortable town. It’s also notable for group of typical dwelling houses decorating. There are a lot of fountains and sculptures here.